Our friend Jules Cotterell gets the credit for this plate scrapper.
We were travelling with Ryan, Jules and their 2 kids Amalee and Gabby through Far North Queensland on The Old Tele Track when Jules knocked this up. The only thing you need to keep refrigerated is the sausage, so it's perfect for remote trips where fridge space is at a premium.
It's dead simple:
2 Spanish Chorizo sausages
1 Brown onion chopped
1 Packet of spaghetti
6 Clove garlic chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
300ml Boiling water
Salt & Pepper
1. Get a pot of water on for the spaghetti.
2. In a hot frypan add oil then onion and cook until clear. Add garlic and chorizo and cook allowing all the oils to come from the sausage.
3. Add boiling water to the mushrooms in their packet and seal to rehydrate.
4. Add juice of one lemon to the pan and allow to caramelise.
Strain the mushrooms and stir through. Strain the spaghetti and stir through coating with all the yummy oils and lemon flavours.
6. Salt and Pepper to taste and if you have some, sprinkle with parmesan.
Tip: Add some Campers Pantry Peas if you need some greens