There are few things in life more satisfying than a meal from the campfire. With diced lamb and Campers Pantry vegetables this dish is about as easy as they come.
The dry ingredients:
- 0.5 pack Campers Pantry freeze dried mushrooms.
- 0.5 pack Campers Pantry freeze dried beans.
- 1 onion.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 1 tin of whole peeled tomatoes.
- 1 satchel of tomato paste.
The fridge ingredients:
- 600 grams of diced lamb.
Theses quantities will feed two (large portions) or three (smaller portions).
- Cast iron pot or camp oven to suit the group size.
- Chopping board and knife.
- Wooden spoon.
- Coals (forearm size logs will quickly produce wonderful coals).
Dice the onion and garlic.
Heat the cast iron on the coals and then add some oil and the onion and garlic.
Once the onion is softening and brown add the lamb.
When the lamb is browned, add the tin of tomatoes and the tomato paste. Stir through and cover with lid.
Stir in the beans and the mushrooms after approximately 45 minutes.
Pop the lid back on for another 15 minutes and then dinner is served.
Enjoy 🍽 🍷
Author: Mike Collister | Adventure Curated
Mike has spent his life outdoors - he has represented Australia as a whitewater slalom kayaker, guided whitewater expeditions in Nepal, and taught outdoor education and wilderness medicine. In the Kimberley he has hiked for a month, paddled the Fitzroy River in the wet season and explored in his 4WD. Recently he sea kayaked across the Bass Strait.