Who says camp breakfast can't be tasty when you are remote?
4 eggs (2 per person)
1 tbsp water
knob of butter or oil
3 bacon rashes chopped into small pieces
1/2 an avocado if you can keep it fresh
6 pieces of sun dried tomatoes chopped in half
Goats Cheese or Feta (or long life parmesan)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat a knob of butter in the frypan and start frying the bacon on medium heat
2. In a bowl combine mushrooms and potatoes and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain and add to frypan.
3. Add sun dried tomatoes and cook to your liking.
4. Whisk eggs in a bowl and pour over entire frypan mix.
5. Place avocado (optional) and cheese onto the mixture reduce heat to stop burning.
6. Allow egg to fully cook.
7. Divvy up and serve with a hot pot of tea or coffee. YAY!
*Add Tabasco for some Johnny Cash the following morning...
Leave a comment
Also in Recipes
Most cook books will state 'insert a half can of beer into the chicken cavity" after you have consumed half of the can. This is a bit of a problem that makes so much sense when explained...
Mountain Miso | Beef and Shiitake Miso Soup. Earlier this year I found myself having to prepare dry food rations for a three month expedition, in which I would traverse Tasmania through its rugged Western Wilds. I needed food that was tasty, nutritious, varied, and simple to prepare.
While sitting out +200ml of rain on Fraser Island we got stuck into a bit of R&D for Campers Pantry using an idea from Fire to Fork. We used Tuna Mornay, Beef Teriyaki camp meals and finished with a custard and raspberry dessert jaffle. BLOG COMING SOON!