SUPER-QUICK AND TASTY DRUNKEN NOODLES
We cook this at home on a Friday night, served with a beer and it is the perfect finish to the week. It's delicious and quick with a good hit of veggies. The soy sauce and sesame oil combo is hard to beat and if you like you can add chicken and chilli for a bit of spice.
4 packets of instant rice, soba or udon noodles
1 packet of Campers Pantry Broccoli
1 packet of Campers Pantry Beans
20ml soy sauce or tamari or more or less to taste
10ml sesame oil or more or less to taste
1 garlic clove chopped fine
1 knob of ginger grated
1 tspn olive oil
Steps: cooked in 1 pot
1. Drop the oil into a pot and fry off the ginger then add garlic. Once cooked
divide up cooked oil mix into bowls and add the tamari and sesame oil. Set aside.
2. Add water to the pot and bring to the boil to cook the noodles. Introduce veggies when noodles are almost done.
4. Serve noodle veggie mix on top of the oil mix per bowl.
5. Give it a good stir and tuck in.
1. ADD Campers Pantry Chicken (use 1 handful per person) rehydrated in hot water and cooked off in the ginger and garlic oil.
2. This is a ripper for 4WD Touring and you can fry an egg in oil so it bubbles and pops to drop on top and let the runny yoke sink through the noodles. giddy up!
3. Add more veggies if you want! Mushrooms and Peas also work well in this recipe.
The nutrition panel below is a guide
📷 Lachlan Gardiner
One of the biggest considerations when hiking is pack weight and how to minimise it. We buy gear based on weight, packability, durability, and functionality - does it do what we need it to do?
Food fits into this consideration too...